Bishkek January 22, 2013
Public association «Women Support Center»
Public association «Association for the Support of Women Entrepreneurs»
Public association «Association of Crisis Centres»
Center for Gender Studies,
Public association «Alliance for Reproductive Health»
Public association “Association of Rural Women «Alga»
Social Technologies Agency,
hereinafter referred to as «members of The Council of non-governmental organizations of the Kyrgyz Republic (hereinafter “The Council of NGOs”), or the «Parties»
Guided by the principle of gender equality, enshrined by the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, international human rights standards, as well as by the commitments assumed by the Kyrgyz Republic;
Recognizing that the economic, social and political crisis in the taking place in the Kyrgyz Republic significantly affects the situation of women;
Expressingtheir concern that the Kyrgyz Republic has been some backsliding on the achieved level of gender equality in many areas;
Realizing that in order to overcome the negative processes in ensuringa progress towards achieving equal rights and equal opportunities for men and women there is a need to ensure a sustainable monitoring of the human rights of women in the Kyrgyz Republic;
Building on the positive experience gained by the women’s movement of the country in the field of gender development, as well as in monitoring of the implementation of international commitments to protect and promote the rights of women;
In an effortto strengthen and build upon earlier cooperation between the Parties and taking into account the changes in the membership of the Council of non-governmental organizations;
Based on the principles of voluntary membership, equality, mutual respect, consensus, and partnership;
signthis Memorandum of further cooperation in the framework of
a voluntary and informal association — the Council of non-governmental organizations of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Article 1. Consistent with their missions, the statutory purposes,and the Constitution and laws of the Kyrgyz Republic, the parties agreed to:
1. Maintain and continue regular cooperation between the Parties and other non-governmental organizations operating in the Kyrgyz Republic in gender equality sphere;
2. Participate in initiatives / programs of the Parties and other non-governmental and international organizations aimed at improving the situation of compliance with and enforcement of the principles of equal rights and opportunities in the Kyrgyz Republic, including:
- Monitoring of implementation of the international human rights commitments undertaken by the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Monitoring of implementation of gender aspects/components of the national, territorial, sectoral, and agency development strategies, programs, and plans
- Development of a policy and strategy on achieving gender equality and their implementation;
- Development of the Alternative/shadow report to a periodical report of the government of the Kyrgyz Republic to the CEDAW Committee.
3. Exchange the information, where appropriate, calling for a participation of relevant partners from the civil societyand international organizations in monitoring the implementation of the women’srights, including the preparation of alternative/shadow reports on CEDAW and developing recommendations as the result of such monitoring;
4. Cooperate with Parties and partner organizations from the civil society and relevant international organizations in the development and implementation of effective mechanisms to prevent violations of the women’srights in the Kyrgyz Republic, and in line with international obligations;
5. Participate in meetings organized by the Parties and other organizations committed to the idea of gender equality.
6. The goals and objectivesof the Council of NGOs and activities plans of the Parties in carrying out joint actions / activities / monitoring;the structure, the format, and the thematic content of the alternative report;the responsible for the preparation of chapters / thematic areas in the alternative report are determined at the meetings of the Council of NGOs and reflected in relevant protocols (minutes). Protocols are sent to the Parties no later than on the third day after a meeting.
Article 2.Terms and other conditions.
- The current Memorandum calls off the previous Memorandum signed by parties on August 20, 2007;
- The current memorandum enters into force from the moment of its signing by the representatives of the Parties;
- Modifications/additions/revisions to the current memorandum can initiated by reasonable propositions of any Party, in part or in whole, and are approved by a majority of the votes of the members of the Council of NGOs
4. The revision of this Memorandum includesa consideration of its following provisions, but is not limited to:
a) determining the need for changes, additions to existing provisions of the Memorandum in order to ensure its effective use;
b) identification of priority areas of cooperation
c) issues of acceptance of new board membersor of exclusion from board membership.
5. Any dispute arising out of the interpretation and/or application of this Memorandum will be resolved through consultations between the signatory Parties;
6. This Memorandum shall be open for accession by interested non-governmental organizations of the Kyrgyz Republicactively working to protect women’s rights, upon receiving an approval of the Signatories to this Memorandum;
7. The original copy of this Memorandum, signed by the representatives of the Parties, is in custody of the Public Association «Women Support Center», certified copies sent to the Parties.
 Such as the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), the Beijing Platform for Action (BPA), and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
 Such as the Country Development Strategy (CDS), the National Action Plan for Gender Equality (NAP), and other.
 Minutes of the Council of NGOs.